So you’ve landed a great job and are now thinking about retirement savings. However, how can you be sure that your money is secure? If you want to protect and build wealth, then sometimes the traditional route isn’t best. Just ask expert investor and digital marketing entrepreneur, Tim Schmidt.
Tim has achieved wealth most people can only dream of. His secret? He rejected orthodoxy and invested in gold. And you can do it too! Read on to find out how.
Tim Schmidt’s Life Story
Tim Schmidt didn’t have a particularly privileged upbringing. What he did have, though, was an entrepreneurial spirit like no other. Rather than just sit in class and wait for the teachers to tell him what to do, Tim was outside earning a living. He slaved away mowing lawns and shoveling snow, just to prove that he was capable of making money.
While at college, Tim continued to come up with business ideas. Whether he was flogging CDs or promoting parties, money was always on the mind. Eventually, Tim managed to make a decent profit selling term papers online. He understood the student market and could easily find ways to make money from it.
After a successful education, Tim was ready to flourish in the business world. He gained a job at Accenture and was set for a secure and comfortable career. Then the financial markets crashed. It was 2008 and Accenture told Tim he’d have to wait 24 months to take up his position. Tim had two options: wait it out or take action.
Trusting his gut, Tim abandoned the secure job he had lined up. He packed up his whole life and relocated to Miami to try and make a name for himself out there. He managed to secure a good job as a sales consultant and was once again making a good living. But it still wasn’t enough. Tim wanted more.
So he once again left his job and started his own digital marketing firm. His new company experienced rapid growth, becoming a multimillion dollar business in no time. That’s when Tim knew his strategy was working and he started thinking about retirement investment plans.
Not willing to take a backseat on his own finances, Tim chose a self-directed IRA. He setup IRAInvesting.com for retirement advice and began investing his profits in gold, property, and cryptocurrency. Of all these, you should consider gold as a safe alternative to a 401(k). He even invested in local food hall, Graze. Unorthodox? Yes. Genius? Also yes.
Lessons from Tim Schmidt
So what can you learn from the life of Tim Schmidt? He offers a number of life lessons including:
- Do it yourself: Tim didn’t outsource his finances to faceless financial corporations. He chose a self-directed IRA, so that he could have complete control over his money. If you want to build a large retirement, then you have to take responsibility for your own investments. Don’t sit around and wait to be told what to do. Get out there and do it yourself.
- Invest in what you know: Now that you have complete control over your money, you have to invest it wisely. Tim mostly invests in cryptocurrencies, property, and gold. This is because he understands those markets and knows where best to place his cash. There’s no point investing in something you know nothing about. Now you have the chance to invest in precious metals, it might be a good time to swat up on the gold market!
- Take the non-traditional route: If you learn anything from global financial crashes, like the one in 2008 or the potential one due to Covid-19, then you should learn that orthodoxy isn’t always right. Swim against the tide, go against public opinion, and do what you think is best. The chances are, a less than traditional approach will be the perfect option for you.
- Nothing is secure, so take risks: Even the most secure jobs can be lost suddenly. Markets are unpredictable. Whatever you do, get over the fear and start taking risks if you want to succeed.
Further Gold Investment Tips and Advice
If you’ve been inspired by Tim Schmidt’s story, then you’ll probably want more advice on investing in gold and other non-traditional stocks and shares. If so, checkout these two resources:
- IRAInvesting.com: Real time coverage of all of Tim’s investments. Packed with transparent financial advice.
- “Amplifying Average”: Tim’s book which helps you to escape your comfort zone and achieve greatness.