Let’s talk about diapers. Every parent must consider the Cost, Quality and Convenience of Diapers.
Diapering your child from birth through potty training can be expensive. No matter where you purchase them, what brand you use, the cost adds up.
There are ways to save though. You can:
- Buy in bulk at your local warehouse store. (Sam’s Club carries a wide variety of options for all price points.)
- Purchase from online retailers.
- Use coupons at your local grocery store or pharmacy.
While cost is a big factor, using a quality diaper may trump cost is this one instance. Purchasing the diaper that works best for you and your little one can be dependent on several factors:
- Your child’s skin. Sensitive skin and different skin types react differently to materials and our bodies’ waste. A little trial and error is required, but I found that a diaper that worked for one of my children, worked for the next as far as material goes.
- The fit. Let’s face it, all bodies are shaped differently, even infants. And without the right diaper fit, you can be in for some exploding messes. If you think models require outfit changes, try an infant with a poorly fitting diaper.
You would be remiss if you don’t consider all the options. In addition to the modern disposable diaper, you also have the option to use cloth diapers. And they have come a long way in the last few years. In addition, to being made of natural materials, you can add a layer of protection with a lined plastic cover.
But if convenience is important to you, you can not beat a disposable diaper. And with all the options to shop with free shipping, they can be delivered to your door within a couple of days. Just don’t forget to order them…midnight runs out for diapers are not something any parent wants to experience.