Whether you learned the art of homemaking sitting at your grandmother’s table, mimicking your mom or studying at school, the internet is now where you go to find the answers to the little things. This is especially helpful if you are up in the middle of the night baking cookies for tomorrow’s bake sale and it’s too late to call your mom about a substitute or how long to bake something.
Here’s a list of 30 top homemaking blogs to get your started. Tell us your favorite in the comments.
- 3 Boys and a Dog – Based out of Mobile, AL, 3 Boys and a Dog provides homemaking and homeschooling tips, tricks and freebies for busy moms.
- Frugal Family Home – Based out of the Pacific NW, it provides easy recipes, homemaking tips, simple and frugal living advice, as well as sprinkling in a few gardening tips and easy DIY projects too.
- This Old House – Provides expert advice on home improvement, renovating, gardening and decorating. Its mission is to demystify the home improvement process and to celebrate the fusion of old world craftsmanship and modern technology.
- The Hippy Homemaker – This a blogger writes about aromatherapy, herbalism, DIY beauty, holistic health, green living, and more.
- The Humbled Homemaker – A Christian homemaking blog that encourages women to pursue grace-filled, natural living in mothering, cooking, alternative health, and living on a low income.
- Cutefetti – Based in Ocala, FL, Dawn is a creative lifestyle blogger who shares home hacks, food, crafts, DIY and easy slow cooker recipes.
- A Cultivated Nest – Based in Georgia, you will find all sorts of frugal living tips, budget decorating ideas, gardening tips, recipes from scratch, up-cycling ideas and more on this blog.
- Artful Homemaking – It’s goal is to revive the art of homemaking, and inspire women to live beautiful and creative lives. It provides DIY tutorials, free printables, and help for your home and life.
- Homemaking Organized – Here you will find a little bit of homemaking advice, some deals and sales, and all the in between. It also provides resources for keeping your home organized.
- Welcome to the Woods – Based in Minnesota, this blog features decor, DIY projects, crafts, and design tips for your home on a miniscule budget. It also includes many ways to save money, financial advice and parenting tricks to improve your overall life. If you’re a DIY-er, a decorator, a parent, or just like to save money, you will love this blog.
- The Happier Homemaker – Want to make cleaning and organizing your home easier? This blog makes modern homemaking easy, with simple recipes for the everyday cook, household tips and cleaning tricks, and DIY home decor projects.
- Heavenly Homemaker – Offer daily encouragement for women in the areas of faith, healthy eating, family friendly recipes, menu planning, gardening, parenting, and fun.
- Passionate Homemaking – Based in Portland, OR, the author of Passionate Homemaking and her family are on a mission to be homemakers that cultivate simplicity, grace, joy and being intentional in every aspect of their lives.
- The Frugal Homemaker – Based in Atlanta, GA, this blog is your guide to turning your house into a home, one DIY project and yard sale find at a time. Christina is a homemaker at heart who loves all things simple and beautiful.
- Raising Arrows – Raising Arrows is all about large family homeschooling and homemaking. Amy Roberts is a blogger, author and conference speaker.
- Awe Filled Homemaker – Join the family of Laura Prater in their crazy awe-filled adventures from homemaking, parenting, homeschooling and military life.
- A Proverbs 31 Wife – You will find posts on homemaking, natural living, marriage and motherhood. Kendra’s goal is to uplift and inspire Christian wives and Mothers.
- Homan at Home – Provides simple and budget-friendly ways to make your house a home. The author of this blog is learning to make things nice for her growing family with the skills (and the budget!) she has.
- Domestic Deadline – Domestic Deadline is all about attempting to learn the art of homemaking and all the crafts that get in the way.
- Brooklyn Homemaker – A blog about home decor, interior design, an obsessive love for furniture & pretty things, entertaining & party planning, schnauzers, marriage, amateur photography, product reviews, rants, raves, strong opinions, cocktails & drunkenness.
- Imperfect Homemaker – Imperfect Homemaker is all about Christian homemaking, homeschooling, and natural living.
- Mrs. Happy Homemaker – Crystal is a blogger who covers mostly food, but she also shares posts with diy, lifestyle, & anything else she cares to throw in between.
- The Laidback Homemaker – Based in Minnesota, get great ideas for recipes, organization & cleaning tips, lifestyle hacks, crafts & restoration ideas, do it on the cheap ideas, and much more!
- The Latina Homemaker – Jesenia Montanez shares homemaking tips, frugal living advice, recipes and more.
- Gluten-Free Homemaker – Linda Etherton provides recipes & tips for the gluten-free diet. She loves to share gluten-free recipes from a variety of bloggers as well as her owns. You’ll also find links to other related content such as menu plans and relevant news articles.
- Biblical Homemaking – Biblical Homemaking is a website about desiring to glorify God in everything women do. It focuses on living for Jesus through homemaking, marriage, parenting, home remodeling, fitness, food, and more.
- Humorous Homemaking – Because Managing a Home shouldn’t be dull. Humorous Homemaking will help you learn to manage your home without losing your mind!
- Vintage Kitty – Vintage Kitty is a blog that celebrates a fun, hands-on approach to homemaking that marries traditional elements with modern style. Let’s play house!
- Simple Made Pretty – Melanie is a homemaker, DIYer, craftaholic, home organizer, minimalist, writer, thirty-something mom of two amazing children, a fur-baby, and wife to an incredible husband of 8 years. She strives to create simplicity in homemaking tasks while providing DIY ideas that spark creativity.
- The Seasoned Homemaker – The Seasoned Homemaker is where Leslie helps you find balance and beauty with a needle and thread.
Get Your FREE Book Now
Get a copy of "Teach Your Kids About Money," a Kids Ain't Cheap ebook, FREE by signing up.