If you are not ready for your children to have access to real money, there are lots of “pretend” options with games and printable money for you to use to teach your kids about money.
The Balance posted a great article on a variety of ways you can teach your children about money.
Printable Play Money
- There are an assortment of Money Envelope Templates and Guidelines at Template.net for free.
- Money Templates and Games available for a nominal fee at Teachers Pay Teachers. These are games and tools teachers have used in their classrooms made available for sale.
- Printable Play Money offers a wide variety of free printable play money to use when playing with your children.
Rewarding Your Child
In addition to games and allowance, many families use money (real or play) to reward their children for a job well done.
- Pinterest boards offers hundreds of ideas for family charts and reward options.
- Reward Charts 4 Kids has sticker charts, potty charts, chore charts and more.
Games that Teach about Money
There are lots of options for teaching your child about money with fun games. You can download them on your phone, use printed money and even enjoy board games together during family night.
- Education.com offers a variety of downloadable games. From identifying coins to preparing to shop with a budget and decimals, there is something for all ages.
- VirtualFamilies.com is a PC game that simulates family life and all the financial obligations that come with it. It takes into consideration decorating a home, pets and shopping. They offer a variety of games with the same type of themes and lessons.
- Money Crashers reviewed the Top 5 Board Games for teaching kids about money. Many of these are oldies but goodies when it comes to life lessons: Monopoly, Life and even Payday.
There is no shortage of unique and creative ways to teach your children about money. Have you found a tried and true method not listed here? Share it in the comments below.
Get Your FREE Book Now
Get a copy of "Teach Your Kids About Money," a Kids Ain't Cheap ebook, FREE by signing up.