Wedding invitations are one of the essential parts of the entire wedding. It sets the tone and theme of the entire ceremony and reception in advance – so you need to make sure you get it right. Another thing you have to consider is sending out invitations for your bridal shower.
Unfortunately, most things that have to do with a wedding can be unreasonably expensive. Since there are tons of different options like hand calligraphy to engraved letters, soon-to-be brides find themselves shelling out several hundred dollars than they should, just for inviting guests to come to their wedding.
While some couples might have a budget for that, the truth is, you can still find pretty wedding invitations and bridal shower invitations that are affordable and stylish. If you have a lot on your plate already and don’t wish to DIY your invitations, there are a few things you have to consider before having them made:
- The guest list. Before you have your invitations made, your very first step is to figure out how many people you’re inviting on your big day. Most online companies offer bulk pricing for making invitations. In some cases, the more invitations you purchase, the cheaper each piece will be.
- Compare prices. There are a lot of places, whether retail or online that sells wedding or bridal shower invitations. You should compare prices and keep an open mind – you’ll never know when you’ll find that perfect paper and design you want.
- Always read reviews. There are a lot of invitations that may look great in photos but may have poor paper quality during the actual product itself. This is also a great way to avoid scams and find reputable places that produce good quality invitations.
Even if money is a bit tight, some options can fit your budget. Here are several affordable invitation options you can consider:
- Email your invitations. It’s becoming more common to email wedding invitations nowadays. The cost is free and you don’t have to pay for stamp and postage fees. Even if there are digital ways to send invitations, you can also print them out for guests like grandma or grandpa or for those who aren’t that tech-savvy.
- Consider these wine themed bridal shower invitations. These types of invitations are so pretty and there are no minimums or maximum orders that you need to do. You can order as many or as little as you prefer. If you decide on giving out thank you cards later on after the wedding, you can also get a perfect match on the website and have it customized.
- Ask for invitations as a form of a gift instead. Do you have a close friend or family member that has great graphic skills? Or even one who is good at calligraphy? You can ask him or her to design your invitations so you can easily upload the file and tweak it to your liking. Some other graphic designers can also make personalized logos or designs for your big day.
Do you have any other ideas on how you can save money on wedding or bridal shower invitations? Share to us in the comments below!