I stumbled across this on the UC Berkeley Parents web site and thought it was pretty funny. Whoever posted it on that site, found it somewhere online and it was unattributed so I don’t know who the author is. It is definitely worth a repost though.
Rules of Possession for a toddler
- If I like it, it’s mine.
- If it’s in my hand, it’s mine.
- If I can take it from you, it’s mine.
- If I had it a little while ago, it’s mine.
- If it’s mine, it must NEVER appear to be yours in anyway.
- If I’m doing or building something, all the pieces are mine.
- If it looks just like mine, it is mine.
- If I saw it first, it’s mine.
- If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
- If it’s broken, it’s yours.
Have you ever seen this list before? Do you agree?
Like Us? Sign Up!
Subscribe to Kids Ain't Cheap and get our latest content via email.